Nutrition Society - Wayamba University of Sri Lanka
The Nutrition society of Wayamba University (NutSoc) was established in 2002 .NutSoc serve as the mediator between community and department. Through activities organised by the ‘Nutsoc’ it tries to disseminate the knowledge of nutrition among public. Moreover the good attitudes and practices regarding the nutrition are improved through these activities.
NutSoc expects to strive towards building a healthier nation through dissemination nutrition knowledge and helping to produce more energetic, creative and efficient professionals for different fields in food and nutrition.
To develop a linkage between the university and the community through disseminating nutrition knowledge and applying it to the community, conducting various outreach nutrition activities with the help of public and private sector organizations.
- Promote the advancement of nutrition science
- Develop the linkage between university and the community
- Work together with individual and organizations who share the same objectives
- Contribute health education programmes and health promotion policies
- Conduct various community development activities
- Developing the skills and changing the attitudes & approaches of the undergraduates towards professional work.